In case you are interested in making some money, selling your unused, old clothes to a consignment shop might be a good option. Of course, you can try with clothing design websites that accept old clothes, but using a consignment shop provides more advantages. Of course, in order to maximize the effects, you should take a few things into account.
The following is a list of tips provided by people who have been in this business for a while. By following these recommendations you should be able to get the best price for your unwanted clothes.
The vast majority of consignment stores, including Plato’s closet, for example, sell clothes for 70% lower price compared to the original retail value. This means that you can expect between 30% and 40% from this price.
- Most buyers usually accept pieces of clothing that have been offered in popular retail stores in the last year or two. So, if you have a 6-year-old shirt, you will probably have to look for another way to sell it because consignment stores won’t accept it.
- You should never put your unwanted clothes in a giant trash bag. This makes it difficult for buyers to analyze the content. Try to fold and organize your items in a square bag. You can also use a box because it’s easier to put more clothes in it if everything is well-organized.
- There are situations when people have unwanted clothes that they have never used. Some of them might have their price tag on them. If you have clothes like this, leave the price tags. In this way, it would be much simpler for the consignment store representative to evaluate your clothes. Of course, they will look at the condition and the style of these clothes too.
- Contact the store and ask them what they need. There are consignment stores that are focused on specific clothes. It won’t cost you anything to contact a consignment store through phone or email and ask them what they prefer. Once you get the answer analyze your wardrobe. If you have clothes like this, you can expect a good price.
- When going to a consignment store, it’s a smart move to place the trendiest and most attractive clothes on the top of the pile. Experienced sellers can confirm that buyers are excited when they get boxes/bags like this.
Selling your clothes to consignment shops is one of the easiest ways to make money.
Hey, guys! Do you have extra clothes but don’t know where to sell them? A list of guy-friendly consignment storeshttps://t.co/OL3Alsorbn
— UNL SMMC (@UNLMoneyMgmtCtr) 3 avril 2017